The Historical Society was established in 1976 as the Bicentennial Committee to save the Rhoads School. We later became the Elk Grove Historical Society and are an all volunteer organization, located in Elk Grove, California.
The Elk Grove Heritage Park is open for tours the first Saturday of each month from 12 noon to 4 PM and by appointment for group tours. The museum is closed in the months of January and November.
For more information call us at 916-685-8115 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Board meetings are the second Monday of the month at 4:00 PM in the Museum. The public is welcome to attend.
General meetings are held each month and have a speaker or special event. Please visit our web site or Facebook page for information.
- Interested in volunteering for events or as a docent, please give us a call at 916-685-8115.
- We accept donations at www.elkgrovehistoricalsociety.com/donate-volunteer/
- Bi-Monthly Newsletter & Facebook Updates
- Monthly Membership Meeting
- Advance sales of event tickets and special “members only” events.
Yearly fundraising events include:
- March – Vintage Trailer & Antique Show
- May – Spring Tea and Luncheon
- July – Yard Sale
- October – Haunted Stage Stop
- November – Black Tie & Santa
- December – Old Fashioned Christmas