P.O. Box 562, Elk Grove, CA 95759
We are located at
9941 East Stockton Boulevard (adjacent to the west entrance of Elk Grove Regional Park).
Heritage Park gives visitors the experience of looking into the past and the rich history of the city of Elk Grove.
The Park grounds consists of
- The 1850 Elk Grove House & Stage Stop Museum
- The 1853 Foulks House Museum
- The 1912 San Joaquin Township Justice Court and Jail Museum
- The old style Blacksmith Shop
- The Dennis Buscher Plaza
- Bathroom facilities and lawns
The park is open for FREE tours every first Saturday of each month (February through October) from noon to 4:00 pm or upon request. We close in November to get ready for our “Old Fashioned Christmas” event.
CURRENT INFORMATION and COMING EVENTS
Virtual Museum Tour
The FREE 1st Saturday tours of Heritage Park (museum grounds) and all the buildings are closed until further notice, but we have made a short six minute virtual tour to give you an idea on what you may experience when you visit. Click here for the YouTube link.
Click here for direct link to Bookstore
Enjoy. Thank you!
A quick summary of future events
(Please scroll down to see various events.
Some attendance may require purchasing tickets in advance)
- There will be a First Saturday Tour of the Museum on October 2, 2021. Please check for a COVID update before driving to the museum. This will be the last Saturday Tour for 2021. We will be setting up for our Old Fashioned Christmas Event!!
- General meeting: Monday, September 20, 2021 at 6:30 PM. Speaker: Wayne Gallup; Talk: What is Reenacting? Why do they do it? Location: Elk Grove Presbyterian Church, 8153 Elk Grove Blvd., Suite 50, Elk Grove, California 95758
- General Meeting: Monday, October 18, 2021. Speaker: Marielle Tsukamoto; Talk: Florin-Elk Grove Japanese American Community History. Location: Elk Grove Presbyterian Church, 8153 Elk Grove Blvd., Suite 50, Elk Grove, California 95758
- The information will also be in the newsletter and you will receive a Robocall the evening before the meeting.
- Civil War Days at the Mahon Ranch – October 9 & 10, 2021
- Our next really big event is Black Tie and Santa on Sunday, November 28th, which is the kick-off of an Old Fashioned Christmas.